Application phase: 15. July 2018 to 6. October 2018 Only through the application form.
- Preliminary round: october/november
- Our editors review all pdf-applications
- Main round: november 2018 to march 2019
- The best applications will be requested as a physical prototype for the main round. The Hippodice asks the respective game designers by email, to send in their prototypes to the Hippodice by post. The postal address and the exact closing date will also be communicated in this email.
- Final round: usually march 2019
- This is the end of the 2019 competition. The winners will be announced within a few days.
For more information
- Contact to many publishers
- All authors of the main round receive feedback: Praise, criticism, suggestions and suggestions for improvement — summarised from the evaluation sheets of the test rounds
- Award ceremony and result report increase awareness (Hippodice website, delivery to publishers and press representatives, BGG, social media)
- Good publishing opportunities for successful prototypes
- Numerous publications of participating games, among others: West of Africa, Ruhrschifffahrt, Mombasa. Many more examples in our long list of published titles.
- Compressed presentation of the best rated prototypes from the main round
- High-quality prototypes selection thanks to numerous independent test rounds with evaluation system
- Wide range of different genres and game types
- High number of published prototypes proves high quality of games
- Numerous international participants
- Only unpublished game ideas
- Board-, card-, dice- and other games
- Everyone may participate as a game designer
- National and international attention
- Dates of the next competition will be published on our website in 3rd Quarter of each year.